Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

OMG!! I Got Cut!!

Child birth is so amazing! It is scary and exciting all at the same time! You get to experience so many different emotions and your body goes through so many changes. Exhilarating, after the experience is over and you recant your journey. I remember when I was preparing to deliver my my first born, the doctor explained to me that he wanted to "cut" me so I wouldn't tear during the delivery. Now, I'm not sure if he saw the size of my sons head and wanted to help ease the pain, but I listened to him because he was the expert and I trusted his advice. He further explained that if he cut me he could easily sew me back together and I would heal quickly and properly. If he didn't cut me and I happened to tear during delivery, he would have a hard time reconnecting the pieces. He would be able to sew it back together but it wouldn't be the same. NOT THE SAME!! That would be a problem in the bedroom and I didn't want that. So I allowed him to cut me, deliver my son and then repair me.

When I think about that experience, it reminds me that God tries to do this for us on a regular basis. He tries to help us heal in the easiest and quickest way possible. We begin to go through something. The experience is one that will hurt us. But there is a blessing at the end of the experience and after we are completely healed. God steps in and gives us options as to how we want to handle the hurt that we must experience during this process. He says, "I can cut you and then heal you quickly and properly. Or, you can go against me and do this on your own, your way, and be torn and it will take a long time to heal. After you are torn and have had some time to experience the pain, I will come to heal you but you won't  be the same. You will be very broken, pieces will be missing from you. Even though I am God, I may choose to not replace those missing broken pieces immediately. I will put you back together as only I can, heal you and wait for you to learn from the experience before I allow you to be whole again."

How much better is it for us to trust God, wait for God, and allow God to be? We worry about things we can't fix. We try to fix things that we don't have the ability to fix. We get in God's way constantly. Now is the time for us to let go, step back, sit down, relax and let God cut us. Then He can heal us from whatever we are going through and dealing with quickly and properly.

Luv Ya!
IB

No comments:

Post a Comment